Over the past two decades, PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments version 2) has been developed by the UK Government and internationally as the best practice project management method. PRINCE2 provides a complete and defined end-to-end process and the latest version recognises scaling for the needs of your project or organisation.
Contact us: [email protected]
At the completion of the Foundation course, you will:
- Understand the principles, themes, and processes of PRINCE2
- Understand of the application of the principles of PRINCE2 through the themes and processes
- Understand the role and application of project governance
- Understand the controls provided by PRINCE2 that promote organisation oversight and increase project success rates
- Have a detailed understanding of each of the roles defined by PRINCE2 and their responsibilities across the project lifecycle
- Have a full understanding of PRINCE2 themes and familiarity with a full project life cycle
- Understand how to tailor PRINCE2 to suit the needs of different projects
- Understand how PRINCE2 can be effectively applied to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario
- Be well prepared for the Foundation exam
Participants who continue with the Practitioner course will:
- Be able to describe and apply all facets of project management, in accordance with the PRINCE2 method
- Know how to set up and manage complex projects, tailoring PRINCE2 while ensuring effective integration of the themes and life cycle
- Monitor the objectives of a project and make the essential adjustments to ensure successful delivery
Our training is run with the purposes of learning the theory, preparing you for the exam and applying in the real world. The sessions are a mixture of theory and discussion and practical group-based learning involving post-It notes, markers, and flip chart paper. No laptops are required, all learning resources are supplied.
Our trainers apply practical examples from their decades of experience as hands-on project managers and adjust the course delivery to meet the needs of the attendees.
- Project Managers in need of a method to help manage projects of diverse types and sizes
- Project and programme support staff wanting to learn how to effectively apply PRINCE2 to projects
- Managers wanting to understand their governance role within the PRINCE2 environment and its organisational implications
- Team Managers wanting to work in a PRINCE2 environment
- Individuals working on projects or as part of project offices
- Individuals wanting to start working as project managers
No prerequisite is required for attendance on the Foundation course, but any project management or project exposure is an advantage. Our thorough pre-course work ensures you are ready for learning.
Participants in the Practitioner course must have completed a Foundation course either online or in person. The Practitioner exam has a pre-requisite of having passed the Foundation exam.
3 days for Foundation (22 hours) – Typically 8:30 am for an 8:45 am start and a 5:00 pm finish with 1 hour for lunch and short morning and afternoon tea breaks). In addition, we suggest at least 10 hours of pre-course work and there is 1-2 hours of homework each night.
2 additional days for Practitioner
(hours and homework as above).
Once you register for the course, you will receive the “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 6th Edition” manual and pre-course exercises; Inspiring Projects PRINCE2 Desk Reference”; pre-course exercises, and the full online course. At the course, you are given a folder containing copies of all the course slides, extensive notes, exam practice, exercises, and sample exams from PeopleCert. Post-course we provide an extensive set of templates to set you up to successfully deliver projects.